Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Job Search

Last week I had a screening interview with a company here in Bergen called its Learning.  This is the  same company I actually met with a year ago when we were here visiting at Christmas.  It is an educational technology company, they have an online platform that schools can use for administrative pieces, assigning work to students, parent communication, etc.  It is in the field that I have been working the past several years, seems like a progressive and enjoyable office environment, and the best part for me is their working language is English!  The position last year did not yield a job offer and in hind sight it is absolutely for the best, the job and the timing was not the right fit.  Fast forward a year and there is a different job with a different section of the company that I believe is the best possible fit.  I met with the Director of Product Development on Tuesday, I had an overwhelming sense of peace come over me prior to going in the building and am hopeful that was a good sign.  We had a nice conversation and he kept saying I was an interesting candidate.  The unfortunate part was that he said he had a considerable number of people apply, more than he expected.  So he would have to weed through those applicants, have initial meetings with other prospects and then get back to folks for a second round interview with the development team. I am hopeful that I get a call back.  The waiting and wondering is hard, I am not a very patient person and when I want something to happen, I generally would like it to happen there and then.  So, I am praying and practicing patience and believing that is this is the job for me, it will all work itself out.  

1 comment:

Susan said...

That's exciting. Any updates?