The beginning of July the kids and I made our way to Southern Colorado for a few weeks. Our first stop was for Family camp at RTLC. We met up with Missie's family and it was our only chance to spend some quality time with Ben, since he was working there this summer. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE camp. It is one of the most significant places to me. I was a camper there from 4th grade on, spent four summers working there, and will always cherish the time spent and people met as a result of that place. My faith and spirituality grew because of camp and I was so happy to be able to share this place with Ava and Karsten. The kids loved every minute of being there, the attention of the counselors, the freedom to explore, and the feeling you get at camp. They have asked repeatedly to go back and I hope one day this is something we all can do as a family, I would love for John to experience camp.
Campfire in the pavilion
Missie's brother-in-laws "daughter" Avery and Ava in matching jammies
Karsten was not wanting his picture taken
The view from Columbine
Arts and Crafts and Beading
Monkeys
Volleyball court is also a giant sandbox
Smores at the Firecircle
And best of all, time with this guy-- we LOVE Ben Bonser
Coincidentally, this SAME week 19 years earlier I was working
at camp when Ben was born. This week, he was our counselor--
FULL CIRCLE.
No comments:
Post a Comment