Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Girl's Night Out

A much needed GNO's with Svanhild (my sister-in-law) and Lise and Camilla (two of my nieces).  The four of us make for an interesting family dynamic, not your typical age ranges perhaps.  Svanhild is as young at heart as she appears in her youthful, beautiful face, she is fun and spirited and I truly enjoy time with her. Lise and Camilla are more my contemporaries, only 4 years separate Camilla and I, so it seems a little silly to call her my niece.  My other two nieces in Colorado are 2 and 12 years old respectively--won't be grabbing a glass of wine with them any time soon.  This evening we met in the city, went to a cozy pub for a glass of wine.  Thanks to Lise for sticking with Pepsi Max and being our designated driver.  There is a zero tolerance alcohol policy in Norway, so either someone doesn't drink or you take a cab. From there we went to see the film, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. (I highly recommend it if you have not seen it.) I need to take advantage of getting out more, to remove myself from our little island, and to make time for social outings with girls. It is good for the soul.  And in this case, it is SO nice when your family also feels like good friends.  Cheers!


No comments: