After we packed up the container we took a shower, wiped our tears and headed to our dear friends Stacey and Troy's home for a going away party. Several of our closest family friends and their kids were all there, I did a terrible job taking pictures that night and am sad I don't have better representation of who came to celebrate our time in Atlanta. I have mental memories and am so, so grateful for the relationships that grew in the time we lived here. We are BLESSED by the people we have in our lives. Good, good, friends that you can count on. When you don't have family nearby, your friends become like family. (The family you choose:). It was a wonderful night, I laughed and smiled more than I had in a long time and at the end, I wasn't even sad. Rather I chose to rejoice in the knowledge that these would be people that would be in our lives for the long haul. This wasn't a goodbye, simply a going away and I knew I would be in regular communication and see all of these folks again. My greatest hope is that many or all of them will make it to Norway some day to see our life there, but we will definitely make our way back to Atlanta, sooner or later.
Becky and Merritt-Karsten's godparents and our friends who are family
The Woods--Tom above, Kelly and Reese here, missing Rylie
Great girls to do life with Kelly, Sarah and Kim
Some of the men
No comments:
Post a Comment