Saturday, January 04, 2014

Picking Up Eden and Heading to Nashville

Needing a car for the summer and due to the sheer amount of stuff we still had, I decided it best to drive to Colorado.  I am a great driver, can go for long stretches with no problem, our kids are great travelers--love a good road trip.  So I wasn't so worried about doing the long drive across the country as much as wanting companionship, needing someone to help when a DS dropped or a movie wasn't working or  someone dropped their snack.  And so I called on Eden Bonser, hoping she would be up for the job of being my trusty co-pilot.  We left our house that morning, drove to the ATL airport, picked up our brave 11 year old cousin who had just flown across the country by herself for the first time and loaded the car to drive back to Colorado.  Eden was a ROCK STAR--she is amazing, 11 going on 22.  She is thoughtful, smart, funny and an amazing help.  Plus she is wicked savvy on her cell phone and was able to look up directions, find a restaurant, call the hotel or locate the closest Starbucks in record time.  We all LOVED having her with us, I am grateful for that time together and will always be glad she joined us on the adventure.  First stop, Nashville, TN.

                  One Direction topped our Playlist and a last visit to our favorite pizza place, Mellow
                  Mushroom was a must.

Rooftop pool swimming and relaxing afterward


                                    Seriously full car--this was my view in the rear view mirror

No comments: