Sunday, January 05, 2014

Chicago Bound

We had been in Colorado for 8 weeks and enjoyed every minute of it-- what a fantastic way to spend our summer.  For all the ways it was wonderful, it was also difficult.  Both the kids and I were tired of saying goodbye.  Every time we got settled and happy somewhere we would pick up and go elsewhere after a handful of days.  This brought lots of tears for all of us. I don't think I realized how hard it would be to see people and simultaneously know we wouldn't see them again for a long time, if ever.  In addition to the goodbyes on this side, at this point all three of us were ready to be with John, to have routine, and to make our way to Norway.  One more stop before heading North, this time we caught a plane and went to Chicago for our cousin Cara's wedding to Andy.

No comments: