Ava's birthday was in September and it wasn't until November that I finally got around to having a party for her. September just had too much going on--unpacking, trying to get settled, the house under construction--wallpaper removal, painting, new ceiling panels,etc. We were in no place to be having a party. So by November, I felt like things had calmed a little and we would acknowledge her day with her friends. It is customary in Norway to either invite the whole class or at least all the girls or boys, depending on your gender. We opted for girls only and Ava decided on a Monster High theme. Her cake this year was not one of my favorites, MH is a little creepy and I had no idea how I was going to make a girl out of fondant. Ava suggested we "use one of her dolls and that way I could save some time and energy". Rather thoughtful, don't you think? We had 15 girls here and enjoyed a relaxed evening with dinner, games, cake, gifts and a movie. Happy Belated Birthday Party, Ava!
Ava's new bestie, Akvilla who moved this year from Ireland and they are learning
Norwegian together, when we can get them to stop speaking English together.
Good thing for big couches
No comments:
Post a Comment