Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Lighting of the Juletre

The weekend after Thanksgiving was the Annual Lighting of the Juletre in downtown Bergen. It was cold, raining and fairly miserable.  John warned me that it would be difficult to find parking, overly crowded and probably not the best idea---but I had other thoughts and really wanted to go and get into the holiday spirit.  I am a BIG fan of making memories.  Sometimes they are good memories and sometimes I should listen to my husband.  So we drove into downtown, circled several parking garages in search of a space, walked to the center of town, and stood in the cold rain waiting for the tree to be lit.  The festival carols did little to lighten the mood for John and the children.  We lasted about 20 mins, luckily in that time we did get to see the actual tree get lit.  We then made our way through the crowd, went to our favorite bakery for yummy rolls and hot chocolate and called it a night. (But you would never know the level of unhappiness based on these pictures, am I right?)
 
 

 
 

No comments: