After our trip to Norway and two subsequent job offers for John, it was with a lot of consideration and prayer that we decided we would move to Norway in the coming months. It was a big decision and one that I think we both struggled to decide if it was the right one. Since we first moved back from Norway in 2005 we have talked about if we would ever return, if this is the place we wanted to raise our kids,etc. As the kids continue to get older and get more rooted in their lives in Atlanta, we decided that if this was something we were going to do, sooner rather than later would be best. In addition to the emotional considerations, we knew that something needed to give in terms of job stability as well. John has had a very inconsistent run with employment in the US. The last hit came with his latest job, a company called Exxova. Since early Fall he had been working for them full time without getting paid. They were waiting on investors and continued to promise an installment of funds were coming "any day now". After 5 months of this nonsense and continually looking for other leads in Atlanta, with nothing happening, we took the job offers in Norway as a sign and put our faith in God that this is where He wanted us to be. And so...John would leave mid February to start his job with PWC Price Waterhouse Coopers and I would stay behind with the kids, let them finish school, deal with the house, tie up work obligations and join John in Norway the later part of the summer. Another move abroad, this time with a family of four. Sounds exciting and terrifying!
No comments:
Post a Comment