Friday, June 17, 2011

Serious Snow in Suwanee


In early January we had a snow/ice storm like nothing they have seen in years around here. It started as a beautiful blanket of white fluffy stuff; but as tempertaures rose and more of a slushy rain fell on top it quickly turned to crusty ice. We live in a very steep, hilly neighborhood and were literally home bound for four days. Atlanta does not have the road equipment to deal with a dusting let alone a major dump. The first few days it was blissful to be "stuck" but by day three I felt trapped, literally. Not sure why as I had nothing to do, nowhere to go, free days from work...and yet I still itched with cabin fever. By the fifth day I decided this Colorado girl could handle the roads and I ventured out. Made it up the hill just fine, but the reutrn trip left me sliding all the way down said hill backwards--luckily I didn't hit anything. I guess it's true, driving on ice is a different story.



















Laying around all day can be exhausting.

No comments: