Saturday, June 18, 2011

Mother's Day







This Mother's Day Pappa really out did himself with gathering thoughtful gifts for me on behalf of the children. He let me sleep in, made a lovely breakfast, and had a giant gift basket that he had put together waiting on the counter. It was really impressive--if his job doesn't work out he always has a future in gift basket assembly. He filled the basket with yummy treats, wine, spa stuff, and an orchid. I also got solar lights for our backyard, Ava made me a candle holder, and Karsten made a bird feeder. I felt overwhelmed thinking about how lucky I was--not for the things, but for the people that I have in my life. I LOVE being a Mamma, it is something that I take great pride in and feel that I was always meant to do this. I am biased, but think that I have two of the cutest and funniest children on the planet. (Case in point, the lower pictures are of them wearing the gel eye mask that was in my basket. Karsten insisted it wasn't for relaxing, but for being a "clear" super hero!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, John gave you the royal treatment for Mother's Day...very thoughtful! I agree and think that my two youngest grandchildren (until Nov.) are adorable, funny, very smart, and entertaining too! Can't wait to see you all again -- wish the visits could be more often, and that we all weren't so far away.

Love,
Mom/Nana