As of June 6,2011 I have taken a new job--one that I am terribly excited about and feel has tremendous potential. I left off with the post from the end of March having met Todd Watne (a cousin of my good friend Blake) at a vendor fair in Houston, TX. We were in correspondence that next week with the intentions of me potentially doing some contract writing work for them. After I sent him my resume and he forwarded it to the president of the company the potential for me to do more than contract work quickly evolved. The company Edusmart creates multi-media teaching tools for K-12 science. Currently they are primarily in Texas but wanted to expand to other states. They had been targeting the South East, but didn't know how or with who they could do this. After I met Todd in Texas he felt I was potentially the person to help them do just that. I spoke with the president/CEO several times on the phone and then went for an in-person meeting in May. From that meeting I was offered a job as the Director of Business Development. I will be targeting school districts in the following states: NC, SC, GA, TN, FL. I get to work from home, regain a life-work balance, and be a part of a company that is cutting edge and in a good place for big success. It is really ideal, I feel like it was meant to be and am so fortunate to have had that chance encounter in Houston that led me to a place I didn't even realize I was looking for. I am a lucky girl!
1 comment:
Congratulations on your new position! We are very excited for you, and know you are especially happy to be able to work from home, with a flexible schedule. Why don't you offer to add Colorado to your "territory" - then you could come here sometimes to meet with potential clients, and we could see you too.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment