I feel like I am on total overload right now--this has been one of the most hectic weeks of the summer and most weeks generally felt hectic. At the beginning of the week Ava came down with a fever and sore throat, toughed it out for a few days and then took her to the pediatrician, only to find out it was something viral--sent us home pretty miserable and empty handed. Due to her sickness, she had to miss most of this week of gymnastics camp. Karsten went to camp each day and loved it. Mixed in with all of that, I was working full time, shopping for school supplies after they notified us that the wrong list had been printed on the flyer, Back to School night for parents, Meet the Teacher and drop off said supplies, and trying to get ready in general for the start of school. Then on Thursday I woke up with several bites all over my legs and back, thought perhaps it was a spider and didn't think too much of it. In the midst of Ava being sick, John went and slept in the guest room and she slept with me. Next day, John woke up with bites all over him and now Ava as well. No longer thought it was a single spider as it happened in two different beds and perhaps John carried the biting culprit with him. Either bugs came in with us, we brought them from the mountains, or Sam our dog is to blame. After much internet research we think it is either fleas or ticks based on what we were able to see and what the bites look like. TOTALLY GROSSED OUT either way! So between yesterday and today I have washed everything I could get my hands on, literally like 30 loads of laundry. Bagged up the pillows and duvets I couldn't wash, bought bug covers that go over mattresses, called an exterminator, vacuumed and cleaned like a crazy person, and still managed to fit grocery shopping and a Karate Tournament on the other side of town in there. Breathe....and tomorrow starts the first day of school. I can hardly believe it! Kids are in bed, clothes are lying out, lunches are packed and I am praying for a good nights sleep.
2 comments:
Good news -- hopefully this week will be BETTER! (Could have been tick bites? Which could also explain the illnesses you had -- hope it wasn't Lyme's disease?)
Love,
Mom/Nana
Super mamma du er så flink Julie
Post a Comment