We spent the 4th of July in the GA mountains in a little town called Dahlonega. I love small town festivities and this just may have been the cutest I have seen so far. We made a whole day of it--left early in the morning, hit the outlet malls on our way to do a little school clothes shopping and then we got to Dahlonega. They had tons to do before the parade--face painting, snow cones, tents with games, a construction project station set up from Home Depot, and jumpy castles and slides.
Pictures before we head out-- I didn't realize Sam got in one :)
Working hard on their projects--with a little help.
A jewelry box and helicopter were the finished product
After all of this it was time for the hometown parade--but not before a major rain storm rolled in, we literally thought we were going to get rain on our parade. Instead it cooled things off and everything started right on time. The kids had a great seat and loved watching all the floats.
After the parade we went for dinner to this fabulous little restaurant and then headed to the college campus to wait for the fireworks display. Kids ran around with tons of other kids, there was music, sparklers, and once it turned dark--fireworks. We had a long, fabulous day and then came the lines to get out of town, which almost took 2 hours, but that's what part of the festivities are all about. Ava and Karsten slept, John and I talked and eventually got home very late. Happy Independence Day!
Dirty toes and bubble gum
Karsten is really into Spiderman lately--shooting his web
Beautiful chapel glowing in the distance
And that concludes quite possibly the longest blog and most pictures I have done in one post!
2 comments:
I enjoyed every pic. ;). Your kids are too cute in their red white and bkue
What a perfect 4th of July celebration! Wish we could have been there with you all.
Love,
Mom/Nana
Post a Comment