Monday, January 10, 2011

SNOW DAY




Today, the city of Atlanta has all but shut down. Big winter storm made it's way upon us last night--bringing with it close to six inches of snow. Woo hoo, because it's rare when this happens, it is a welcome site. Everyone is home and I can't think of a better place to be right now. The kids woke up squealing, "It snowed, it snowed!" We baked orange-cranberry streusel muffins for breakfast and now it's hang time. John and I should probably do some remote work for our jobs at some point. I plan on enjoying the day, playing outside with the kids, drinking lots of hot cocoa, baking some more, and catching up on the remainder of my Winter Blog posts. Happy Snow Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you...an unexpected plus to living in the south in the winter! No infrastructure to deal with snow & ice. It was 1 degree when we left the house this morning, we also had about 4 inches of snow, roads are snowpacked & icy, but Coloradoans have that pioneer spirit, so we deal with it. However, I did stay home all day Sunday, and was happy to enjoy the snow just looking out the window.

Love & hugs to all,
Mom/Nana

Anonymous said...

Too bad I didn't plan ahead better...I should have sent you a SNOW SHOVEL for Christmas! (note to self for next year, but then you probably will have no use for one!)

Love,
Mom