(if you look closely--there is a happy girl and dog up there)
When we bought this house, we had a three week old and I don't think we thought too much about how usable the yard was. As that three week old has become a nearly three year old and we have added another child to the mix, the reality is the yard is not usable. It was this very large hillside that was inaccessible and overgrown in most places. So we took on a big overhaul and hired a friend of ours, Juston to come in and dig out the most space he could from the center of the yard, build some retaining walls to contain all that dirt, and then construct steps leading up to this new space. It is difficult to see the expansiveness of it from these pictures, so you will have to come visit and play in our newly found yard. Next step, Uncle Phil is coming out from CO in a week to build us a custom swing set, that Ava is very excited about. The hillside will eventually get more plants and landscaping. Like anything else on our 'house to do list' this project will take both time and money. Here are pictures from the first stage, more to come when there is a place to play... (yea, can't wait to see our Uncle Phil in eight days.)
The Before and After
3 comments:
wow. that's a huge project. you should charge neighbourhood children an entrance fee to use it.
Dette var skikkelig flott. Håper ikke det blir lenge til vi får se det
klem fra
Svanhild
hey Julie. that looks like lots of fun! I'm glad I got to talk to you while I was on my Confirmation trip! I hope you guys are having a great summer!
katie :)
Post a Comment