Sunday, March 02, 2008

Smile Mamma, It will be okay

It has been a rough last few days-the healing process from my surgery is taking longer this time than it did with Ava. It is difficult to not do too much when you have two children that both need your attention and love. I was instructed not to lift anything more then around 8 pounds upon leaving the hospital. The problem with that is I had a 10 pound baby and have a 23 pound toddler that does not understand that her Mamma can't hold her. Friday afternoon, after lots of tears and pleading, I gave into Ava wanting to be carried and ended up opening my incision. So John and I made a trip to the emergency room. I had to return today to have them repack the opening and will go to see my doctor tomorrow. It has added extra frustration, pain, and lots of tears...for them to tell me to take it slow, is much easier said then done. My mom has been tremendous and John has spent as much time as he possibly can helping out-including lots of alone time and fun trips out with Ava. I am hopeful that things will heal soon, it is just a matter of letting that happen. I am so lucky to have lovely children who are happy despite the frustrating circumstances. Karsten gets cuter each day and it's these little baby smiles and the love and kisses from my daughter that will get me through.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I called when you were at the ER. I hope things have gotten much more comfortable. Miss you and am thinking of you. Your children are ridiculously good looking.