Wednesday, March 12, 2008

We Miss Our Nana

My mom left this past Sunday, after two weeks and two days. We had grown rather accustomed to having her here. She was a tremendous help and support at a time that we really needed her. Beyond that, it was a wonderful opportunity for her to spend time with Karsten in his first weeks of life. Ava potentially benefited most from this visit- only seeing family a few times a year makes it difficult for connections to form. I am confident that this much time really solidified who Nana was and will hopefully carry over to our next visit. Since she left, each morning and when Ava wakes up from a nap, she asks for "Nana?" We are all sad that she is no longer here. The good part is that Auntie Missie came the very next day after Nana left and we have help and company for the remainder of this week. We are having a relaxing, nice visit with her and will all be in for an adjustment next week when there isn't an extra set of hands around here to love on my kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice surprise to see that I was included in your blog update! I miss all of you very much, and am thinking about you everyday! It was such a joy and blessing to be able to spend those 2 weeks with all of, and I especially feel like Ava & I got to know each other. There's nothing more wonderful than holding and cuddling a baby, especially when that baby is my grandchild. I know that you both will do a great job, and soon everyone will be "adjusted" and into a routine -- and hopefully getting more sleep :)!!!
Much love & hugs to all 4 of you,
Mom/Nana