We went for a hike this afternoon to a new spot we heard of only 15 minutes north of us. It was a bit of a blustery day, only in the mid 40s. Once we got down into the trees it wasn't nearly as windy or cold. There were definite signs that Spring is here and the budding trees gave hope for warmer temperatures. John had Ava in the backpack and I carried Karsten in the Baby Bjorn, for now that worked well. We will see how long he will fit in that carrier- we may have to invest in additional pack if we want to continue to do outings as a whole family. Ava was anxious to walk herself toward the end, but that takes eight times as long to get where we are going. She likes to go the opposite direction, stop to examine things along the way, and her little legs can only carry her so fast. We are anxious to go back to this spot once things warm up more- it appears to be a lovely area.
1 comment:
Was that the first time you've taken Karsten "hiking"? I'm sure Ava had a great time, especially when she could run around! Have you taken the 2 of them out in the double stroller yet? I suppose maybe the backpack and Baby Bjorn are a little easier to manage. I'm sure all the blooming trees must be getting beautiful in your area!
Thinking of all you!
Love & hugs,
Mom/Nana
Post a Comment