We left the hospital Sunday, late afternoon and were so excited to return home and see how this was going to go...so far, so good. Ava is adjusting as well as can be expected. I can't imagine doing these first few days without the help of my mom. I am so thankful that she is here to help us-and will be with us for two full weeks! We are so lucky for that. Because of having had major surgery I am not supposed to be lifting anything more than the baby, unfortunately Ava falls into the "more than" category, which she simply does not understand. Ava herself is still very much a baby and is used to being held and lifted upon request. She took things especially hard this morning each time I was nursing Karsten. You could tell she felt like her territory had been invaded and kept trying to get in my lap with him. It is a little bit difficult to juggle everyone at once, but I am optimistic that we will all figure this out and adjust. For now, we'll count on an extra hand from Nana and Pappa and try to ensure that all the needs are being met for both children. Karsten, for his part has been amazing! He is a sleeper (to the point of comatose) and when he wakes is just a mellow-fellow who wants nothing more than to snuggle and be kissed. I'll take it! I don't think I can grow tired of kissing new baby skin, it is just the very best thing. Last night, our first night home with him- we both went down around 10:30pm, I woke him around 2:30am to eat, he chowed and slept this morning until after 7am. Thank God for healthy, big, happy sleeping babies. We'll see how long this lasts- for today, we count ourselves blessed.
2 comments:
ok, seriously...and I mean seriously...the CUTEST newborn (other than my own, because that's the right thing to say) EVER!
He looks like he is 3 months old!!
Gosh, he is so stinkin cute.
Ava will adjust soon. She is such a good girl.
Miss you all and am so glad your mom is there to lend helping hands. Tell everyone we said hello and pinch those baby cheeks for me.
Det gleder oss å se at dere er kommet hjem med vår sønnesønn.. og at han er i fin form! At AVA føler seg litt "utafor" når K E blir tatt hånd om av alle, blir nok bedre når hun finner ut at HUN er STORESØSTER og vel fortsatt er pappajenten..
Vi prøver med dette å komme inn med vår kommentar, og håper det nå lykkes. Har prøvd flere ganger uten å lykkes.
hilsen fra Norheim
Post a Comment