Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Contract Work

I am still waiting for a final decision on the Product Development job I interviewed for back in early August. I know that I am their top candidate, that the person who would be my supervisor is equally frustrated with this drawn out process and really wants me on board, and that ultimately a decision needs to come down from corporate--giving them the go ahead... unfortunately that isn't happening. It has been over six weeks of waiting and wondering and finally this week came some encouragement. The PD team needs to move forward and actually be producing new product; so instead of waiting to hire on a full time person the VP approached me to do contract work for them creating math tutoring boxes with activity cards and manipulatives for grades one and two. I will be paid under a contractual agreement and if/when a permanent offer is extended, I will be compensated for whatever I completed up to that point and then move over to a salary position and continue on this project. I think it is a great solution: I get to work, will be able to do it from home and on my hours as a freelancer, and hopefully they will realize what a good thing this is and go ahead and hire me. For now, I have work until mid-December, so I will simply be grateful for that! And so tomorrow I have a conference call with the Project Manager I will be working with and we are getting started! Karsten will join Ava at school two days a week, for now. I am slowly weening him in this week-going only Tu and Th morning. Hopefully he will do great! I think it will be good for him. He'll get to play with other kids, go to Kindermusik class, eat lunch, and then it will be time to go home. I am sure I will be a mess tomorrow when I drop him off. This will be his first day of "care" outside our home, my heart is telling me this is a good thing for all of us. New chapter--I pray I get through the tears from both of us in the morning.

1 comment:

Susan said...

hope drop off went okay today..prayed for you both!