
This is one of the first photos I have of a recognizable face--around 30 weeks old. Those lips looked so kissable. It's hard to believe that baby growing inside of me is all of a sudden a big girl.
Last Monday our little girl turned three years old. This day came with joyous emotion-she is happy, healthy, and hilarious. We are blessed everyday we spend in her presence and are so grateful that this little spirit was entrusted to us to care for. It was also bittersweet in the sense that I feel like time passes too quickly. I vividly remember preparing for her arrival, back when we lived in Charlotte. There was no knowing at that time who she would become. But those days of tiny baby clothes, sleepless nights, and holding her and staring at her for hours are long gone. And I know that the upcoming years will pass just as quickly, if not even more so than they have. I am trying to cherish each day that we have together, to recognize all the wonderful things she brings to our lives and to forget about the tantrums and hard days that accompany her finding her way. She is head strong, stubborn, and very bright--all things that will later serve her well. For today, she is three--but she will always be my baby. Happy Birthday, Princess Ava. We LOVE you and those kissable lips!
2 comments:
Ava is growing up so quickly! No birthday pictures on your blog? (I know you posted them on facebook.) Being stubborn and headstrong can be a challenge for parents...I guess it's positive if the child uses that to withstand undesirable influences or peers.
Love & hugs,
Mom/Nana
wow beautiful picture...SO very cool.
Post a Comment