As mentioned in previous posts, Ava is into EVERYTHING these days. She is curious, mischievous, and smart all at the same time. Today she scared me not once, but twice and made me realize that nothing is safe anymore. It's time that I really step up my game and pay closer attention. Whoever said that you need to baby proof your house should have made it clear that you need to toddler proof it even more so. I am feeling like an irresponsible parent, I don't usually let her get into things. With that said, this afternoon when we got home from school I took Karsten in and she was "pretending" to drive the car. 45 secs later, I heard an engine sound... when I went back in the garage to get her--I guess I had left the keys on the passenger seat & she put them in the ignition and STARTED the car! Luckily nothing else happened.Heart attack #1 .Tonight, while I was changing Karsten's diaper-- she found Heartworm chews for Sam in a drawer. When I came downstairs there were 2 empty packets on the floor and either Sam or her had eaten them. I called poison control, just to be safe and was told to give her milk and she would be okay. Four hours later she seems to be just fine, I am hoping/assuming that it was indeed Sam--but it scared me none the less. Heart attack #2
2 comments:
We're glad that there were no serious consequences as a result of either incident. Obviously it could have been very serious, and certainly had you worried. Ava will keep Mamma on her toes, I'm afraid. So much for having a "quiet" little girl who doesn't get into trouble!! (Everyone claims that girls are "easier"??)
Love & hugs,
Mom/Nana
Wowee...I recommend making her wear oven mitts or something...keep those little fingers out of trouble.
Gotta admit, she's a smart one! Kiss them for us.
Post a Comment