Tuesday, January 20, 2009

First Day of Preschool


Ava started going to school today! I decided that it was time--given our situation, being without a Pappa for right now, we all needed a little "structured" change. It is good for her to be with friends and have something fun to do. It is good for me to have a little break and be able to do simple things like grocery shopping with only one child in tow. And it is good for Karsten to have some alone time with Mamma and to get all the attention for once. It is a win-win for all. The day started off a little rough, she was sad to see me go but quickly got over it and had a good morning. I was equally sad to go, realizing that my first baby is no longer a baby and that "real" school will be here before we know it. My friend, Lisa said that I would soon get over being sad and instead be saying, "Good grief, I just dropped her off at preschool. It's already time to pick her up???" I can confess that was the case on the first day. Time passes very quickly and after driving back and forth it eats up a lot of the time to be accomplished. I think we will all be looking forward to two days a week of school for Ava.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurra for en stor jente. Dette vil Ava ha veldig godt av. og selvsagt også du og Karsten.


tante Svanhild

Kathy said...

That's awesome! School is lucky to have Ava twice a week. I'm sure she brings a lot of joy and laughter to her new friends.
Yay for win-win situations. Good decision mama.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Ava will really enjoy preschool and new friends. She is still very young, and being without Mamma all morning at preschool will be an adjustment for her, but we hope all continues to go well. We agree that it's a good idea for everyone to have a little time for themselves, and Karsten also deserves some one-on-one time with Mamma!

Love & hugs,
Mom/Nana