Saturday, July 12, 2008

Silly Old Bear



Winnie the Pooh came to our local library this Friday for story time-- I could have never anticipated the response Ava would have to seeing him. I can't say I was confident she even knew who he was, as she is currently fascinated with Barney, the Doodlebops, and Thomas the Train when it comes to TV watching. When he came out she went crazy, in a good way. Yelling from the back of the room, "Hi Pooh!" and waving fanatically. Then it was time for photos and there was a line of probably 40 kids, we were toward the end. So at one point she wanted to get down and ran through the crowd to get to him-putting herself in a nice Asian family's photo. When it finally was our turn she wouldn't stop hugging him, kissing him, wanting Mamma to kiss him and trying to tickle his tummy. It was one of the cuter things I have seen in awhile. Who knew? I guess someone will soon be ready for a trip to Disney to meet more characters!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I love that picture of her whole body embrace...too cute.

Anonymous said...

I'm actually surprised that Ava wasn't frightened at her age. Maybe Winne the Pooh will be her new "favorite". Now we can add Pooh DVD's to her Barney collection.

Love,
Mom/Nana