Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Downtown Chicago

We spent last week in Chicago for a wedding (family reunion of sorts) and vacation. It was the first time that we did a road trip of this magnitude with kids and it went surprisingly well. Ava and Karsten were fabulous--between lots of naps and DVDs, it was rather quiet in the backseat. We enjoyed time with family as well as the some fun outings to the city. Ava visited the American Girl store and picked out a new baby, we spent an afternoon by Lake Michigan and Navy Pier, my sister and I went to the theater one night and saw the play Wicked, and John and I were able to do a romantic date night to a yummy steak house.
There were a lot of fun dolls in that big store
So excited about the new dolly in the bag

Navy Pier


Ava overlooking Lake Michigan

Karsten and Mamma at an outdoor cafe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that you are back home, and the long, grueling road trip is over, I guess you have a different perspective on the trip, right? (I know it was stressful and very exhausting for you, but it sounds like you enjoyed being in Chicago, in spite of the hassles and traffic, and the difficulties of taking the "L" with two strollers!) I wish I had gone downtown with you that day, I always enjoy going into the city...but unfortunately, that day we were in Milwaukee. I'm wondering what John's perspective on the trip was, and if he enjoyed himself? We know everyone is happy to be back home. (Great pictures from downtown!)

Love,
Mom/Nana