Saturday, July 19, 2008

Four Years--

Yesterday John and I celebrated our fourth anniversary. Years seem to pass like months around here, you blink and another one goes by. I wish there were a way to slow things down at times. Especially in regard to our children, I am scared that they will be grown before we know it. When it comes to our marriage it feels like we have been married for much longer than four years. (I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing.) We have been through a lot in that time, when we have stopped and reflected on all that has happened in the past 48 months, it's a little overwhelming. Here is the quick run down:
  • We have lived in two countries and additionally, two different states.
  • We have owned four homes and driven eight different cars.
  • We have experienced three pregnancies and have two beautiful children.
  • We've adopted one dog, and held six different jobs collectively.

These are just some of the major life changing events--there is too much to record in all that has happened in the day to day. In the last year and a half much of that list has remained the same. It is nice to feel settled and establish some roots. Who knows where the next 40 years will take us. For today, we are happy, healthy and immensely blessed. It has been a busy past four years and we are grateful for all that we have been through, together. It's nice to know that we love each other very much and most days even like each other as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th Anniversary, Julie & John! As I have said in the past, I think the two of you should write a book. Your first four years have certainly not been dull or "run of the mill". Those of us who have been married for almost 40 years can attest that marriage is not easy, and a continual challenge, but you continue to grow closer, and your commitment and love for each other deepens through all the experiences, both good and difficult. Wishing you many happy years filled with blessings.

Love to both of you,
Mom