On Thursday the week we were in CO, there was a big blizzard. The metro area had only inches of snow in the past two months and in the short time we were there, they got close to two feet! Unfortunately, living in Atlanta my kids have no use for snow clothes and in that sense we came ill prepared. But Ava wanted to play in this foreign, white, fluffy stuff--so I bundled her up in her coat, adult sized hat and gloves, two pairs of knit leggings, my wool socks pulled up to her thighs, and shoved her feet into her Crocs shoes. It was quite the ensemble, but worked okay for the 30mins. she was willing to be outside. Karsten missed out on the fun, as he was napping while we were out. And since he is still not walking, I am not sure he would have been too thrilled to crawl around and be stuck in the cold. Ava on the other hand, had a grand time!
1 comment:
Judging from these pictures you would think Ava was in Alaska or somewhere! She is almost engulfed by the snow. I guess it was quite a novelty for her. Like I kidded Julie...everytime they come for a visit, we have a blizzard!
Love,
Mom/Nana
Post a Comment