When we were in Colorado last month, Eden shared her fondness for beading and making jewelry; something I was both impressed with and surprised by the skill level that she possessed at age seven. She and I spent one night creating while the little ones slept. So I guess I didn't think Ava even really noticed Eden's jewelry making abilities. Then the other day we were shopping at a craft store and went done the bead isle and Ava asked if she could do, "Beadin' Like Eden". We bought her some bigger beads and string and she came right home that afternoon and got to work. She has been very conscientious lately about things that are not intended for Karsten. Telling me that beads " aren't for little kids." (Iguess I thought she still fit in the little kid category.) And that she needed to sit up at the counter so that "Karsten can't get em, it's danger--babies could choke." Just as Eden surprised me with her stick-to-it mentality, Ava is also very creative and stubborn. Wonder where she gets that from? She sat there for quite some time stringing beads one by one, being careful not to drop any on the floor. I think it is a great hand eye coordination skill for her and I love anything artsy we can do together. She proudly took her bracelet to school today to show her teacher, Ms. Frances.
1 comment:
I'm impressed with Ava's attention span and attention to detail at her young age. Looks like she will be artsy-craftsy too, so you'll enjoy doing lots of projects together.
Love, Mom/Nana
Post a Comment