Ava went to her first "friend birthday party" today. Elaina, who is crazy for animals had a whole Petting Zoo set up in her front yard. There was a pony ride, baby chicks, bunnies, and the cutest baby piglets I have ever seen. All of the kids loved it and it was amazing to watch how calm and easy going the animals were--each of them were happy to be chased and picked up by a variety of two and three year olds. Elaina's family lives in a very nice, golf course community--so it was somewhat unusual to drive up to their cul-de-sac and see a small farm on the manicured lawn. I joked with her mommy, Jenny that she is setting the bar high for all our friends. I guess we will have to bring in a circus, complete with elephant. Not really, as long as my kids are little I am just as happy to do something low key at our home with games and cupcakes. But if our friends want to take on Petting Zoos and Ponies, we are more than happy to attend!






1 comment:
Actually, I'm surprised that your friend's homeowners association would even ALLOW them to bring in those animals, but maybe they didn't know?? I'm sure Ava loved seeing all the animals. Looks like Winnie the Pooh is a "has been"...now she will be asking you for "real" BUNNY or PIGLET!
Love,
Mom/Nana
Post a Comment