It's official--we are having a little BOY! Up until now it has been inconclusive and both John and I resigned ourselves to the thought that we would be surprised the day we delivered. At my appointment this morning my ob/gyn asked if I wanted to try one more time and see if we could get a clear view, and sure enough she did. We are having a big baby and a definite boy. She showed me where you can see what looks like a little turtle peeking out of his shell--and that was very clear! We are very excited to now know the gender, and will need to pin down a boy name. I am having a shower in two weeks-- so it will be fun to go register for a few boy specific things, rather than a bunch of frog and duck sleepers. And it is nice to know that the Osteig family name will be carried on. It is an exciting time and we couldn't be happier! 18 days and counting...Monday, February 04, 2008
Change of Plans--
It's official--we are having a little BOY! Up until now it has been inconclusive and both John and I resigned ourselves to the thought that we would be surprised the day we delivered. At my appointment this morning my ob/gyn asked if I wanted to try one more time and see if we could get a clear view, and sure enough she did. We are having a big baby and a definite boy. She showed me where you can see what looks like a little turtle peeking out of his shell--and that was very clear! We are very excited to now know the gender, and will need to pin down a boy name. I am having a shower in two weeks-- so it will be fun to go register for a few boy specific things, rather than a bunch of frog and duck sleepers. And it is nice to know that the Osteig family name will be carried on. It is an exciting time and we couldn't be happier! 18 days and counting...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A "turtle peeking out of his shell"! That's a new description! :) (I think Julie must have missed school the day they had sex education!) What a relief that the mystery has been solved, and now everyone can get used to the idea that Ava will have a baby brother! We are thrilled for all you and can't wait to meet him!
Love & hugs,
Mom
P.S. What's wrong with duck or frog sleepers? I think they are cute, since you probably don't want sleepers that say future all-star with pictures of footballs on them, right?
Haha. Your mom is right. I went looking for baby boy stuff today and darn it, everything has future all-star or dump trucks all over them! No worries. They remained on the shelves.
I can't wait to meet your little man. He is going to be the perfect addition to your family. You are blessed to have an angel in Ava, and you will be doubly blessed to have a completely different and wonderful relationship with your little man. Little boys are awesome if I do say so myself.
CONGRATS! Can't wait to see you in less than two weeks!!!
Post a Comment