Tuesday, November 01, 2011

What Are the Chances?

Last week I had one of those "the world really is small" happenings--while looking for a photographer in our area, I came across a website in Suwanee GA called Dallas Gillespie Photography.  One of my closest friends growing up in Colorado shared this same name--which isn't necessarily a common one.  Our senior year of high school he moved to California and we hadn't talked but one or two time since then, certainly at least 15 years have passed.  I thought it would be uncanny if this was the same Dallas I grew up with, so I googled his name and found an article/video for Art Teacher of the Year in the school district our kids will attend.  Sure enough, it is the same Dallas Gillespie.  Turns out we have lived within a 1 mile radius of each other for the past five years and never knew it.  I would venture to guess we have driven past one another, been in the same grocery store, etc. We have since reconnected and it's my hope that our families will be able to get to know one another, what are the chances?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty amazing for sure! It's a small world after all (everybody sing along)! Hope you like your family photos, and that you can reconnect again.

Love,
Mom