This year for Halloween Ava and Karsten wanted to go as Gnomeo and Juliet. We love this movie and I thought it was a brilliant idea that allowed me to a) dress them in matching costumes and b) make something crafty. And so, armed with a sewing machine, hot glue gun, felt, and fake fur I set out to create their costumes. Round one resulted in very simple red and blue felt vests (similar to the one Karsten is wearing.) Upon Ava more closely examining the movie, she was sure to let me know that this is not at all what Juliet's outfit looked like. And so, the night before Halloween I was able to make a black vest with red inlay and zigzag tie, according to Ava's close eye for detail. As she was putting it on Halloween morning before school--she said, " I need boobies in this shirt." In the movie Juliet looks a little like a beer maiden, and since Ava is only five I told her she was perfect just as she was. (No need to have a Kindergartner dressing up like a naughty gnome, I'm sure those days are coming soon!) The kids had fun at Halloween parties at school and we went Trick-or-Treating around our neighborhood that evening with our across the street friend, Arabella. Fun times and lots of sugar!
Before school pictures
Ava's good buddy, Antonio
Doing the Monster MashKarsten really looked like a little Gnome
Trick-or-treating with Arabella
Surveying the goods
Mmmmm--Reese's Peanut Butter Cups,
a favorite in the Osteig household.
a favorite in the Osteig household.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

5 comments:
So cute luv u Ava and karsten can't wait to see u
Luv Eden
Likte kjempgodt at du lager kostymen selv, å blir jo selvsagt enda mer imponert over alt du klare å gjøre. De ser jo kjempeflotte ut å jeg må le av Eva s komentart om manglende hyller, skjønner dette er jenta som er nøyen med detaljene. Karsen sine øyenbryn er akkurat som Gnomio, er jo litt morsomt at de faktisk er enige i hva de skal kle seg ut som. Irmelin gikk ikka halloween i år, men vi hadde enorm på gang på døren. Gikk tom for godteri etter 2 timer, da skrudde jeg av utelyset ( da dette betyr at vi ikke ønsker halloween på døren) har dere samme regel i USA?
Hvorfor har ikke dere kledd dere ut?
They make adorable Gnomes! I hardly recognize Karsten! Very clever costumes. I would like to have these gnomes in my garden anytime :)
Love,
Mom/Nana
Skal hilse fra Øyvind å si at John Egils kostyme var kjempestiligt =)
You are so creative. I love these
Post a Comment