Sunday, November 13, 2011

Mission Organization

Spent the weekend on a quest to make serious headway on getting the house organized. I have a dream to get through every closet before Christmas. Don't know how realistic that is, we have accumulated A LOT o' junk! The past 48 hours make me feel rather accomplished. We took out the shelving in the big walk in closet in playroom-- I painted and John configured new shelving. Then I got rid of all my old McGraw Hill consulting stuff, went through all my art and sewing supplies, and the kids' toys. I managed to get everything back into that one closet and it's tidier than its ever been! (Just need to add labels to tubs to help kids put same things back inside, instead of throwing a million little pieces of various toys in one box and then not knowing where anything is at.) I made a pile to donate to Goodwill, posted stuff on Craigslist, and threw away a ton. Next, we took down the shelving in closet number two-- I painted and we are going to turn that space into a desk, drawing, homework, computer nook for the kids. Phew! I'm exhausted--and that's just one room.

Step one--totally emptied, spackled and ready for paint
Step two--new paint and more shelving
Step three--everything has a place and you can actually see what we've got!
Last project for this room--we need to build a tabletop desk
and re-install shelving, this will become a work/art space.

3 comments:

Susan said...

This is awesome. I'm so jealous. I need to do this in our house but rig now. Not happening. Hopefully January? Beautiful and it does feel so so so good

Unknown said...

Thanks, Susan--you are an organization girl after my own heart. Yes, it feels so good. And our kids are actually old enough to put things back and attempt to keep things organized.(Well, at least for awhile)Knowing more will be coming in next month, made me feel so good to see a lot going out! Wish every closet looked this organized. One step at a time.:)

Hege Helen said...

Dere er bare så imponerende flinke jeg bøyer meg ned i støvet samtidig som jeg leter etter inspirasjon for å ta mine egne skap. Sukk leter enda men det som ikke blir gjort i dag kan bli gjort i morgen