
Mid-January we found a beautiful, new hiking trail (new to us, that is) just moments north on Lake Lanier. It is a moderate four mile loop that we thought would be perfect for our family. We still struggle with the best way to do two kids hiking. We have one great backpack that accommodates either Karsten or Ava and will for some time and then we have this Ergo Baby pack that is really pushing the weight and comfort restrictions for Karsten, it's better for smaller babies. At any rate, Ava wants to walk--but at her speed and for only short periods of time; so it's lots of up and down, stop and wait. At one point on the trail I was encouraging her to hurry it along (or at least keep moving), to which she replied, " You need to relax." I agree, it's supposed to be fun and something that will instill a love of activity and outdoors in our children. So I will try to be more patient, to take in the sights & sounds & smells, and realize that at this stage in the game a four mile loop might not happen. But I will choose to simply be grateful to be in God's creation and surrounded by my family, that I love.







1 comment:
What a beautiful place! And it looked like a lovely day for a hike too. 4 miles is probably a bit much for Ava & Karsten at this age, but before you know it, Mamma & Pappa will be running to keep up with them! Great scenery.
Post a Comment