Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Flour Incident


Living in the South is hard on children that desperately want Winter to bring snowy weather. One day I found Ava had gone into the pantry and pulled out a bag of flour that was about half full, so we are talking 2.5 LBS of flour and proceeded to dump part of it on the kitchen floor and the remainder on the living room floor, where I found her. She was singing, "It's snowing, it's snowing, the winter winds are blowing." Karsten was sitting in the kitchen, so happy to play in the white stuff. You can't even really get upset, they just genuinely want snow--to make snow angels and snowmen and drink hot chocolate like other children. Besides, it vaccuums right up and you don't even need a hat or gloves on for this variety.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Ava certainly is full or "creativity"! Such a vivid imagination! At least she wasn't trying to make PASTE -- that would have been a mess! I love Karsten's expression -- obviously he was just an innocent bystander :) -- glad that they got to enjoy genuine snow this weekend.