Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Elmo Obsession

Karsten has become quickly enamoured with all things Elmo, really to the point of obsession. He is talking more and more these days and one of his common expressions is, "Hey, that's Elmo!" Anything he can find with Elmo pictured on it, songs with Elmo, DVDs, etc. he has got to have it. The first thing every time we get in the car, he sits in his car seat and goes, "La la la la-- hey, ELMO!!" Wanting the CD we have that Elmo sings with Karsten's name in the songs. We found it at a mall in FL and I was sure we would never find any of those personalized things with the name Karsten, but lo and behold we did! And thank goodness, because now it is continuously playing in my car. The other day we were shopping for birthday stuff for Ava and he spotted this single pack of Sesame Street cups that had been misplaced and screamed, "that's Elmo" over and over until I acknowledged that indeed Elmo was mixed in with all the Princess items. The best example came yesterday, as I was folding laundry he found a pair of Ava's panties that have Elmo on them. He walked around the rest of the day hugging and holding them wherever he went. A few more years and she will be less than thrilled to have her brother carrying her panties around the house. We will have to see if he is still like this come February and we may just have to repeat an Elmo party for his 2nd birthday. Now I know all the ins and outs of that birthday, including some seriously cute cupcakes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny that both Ava & Karsten were so crazy about Elmo! Now I know what to send Karsten, when I send Ava's birthday present, so that he has a surprise too. Will check with you to see what Elmo toys you already have.

Love & hugs,
Mom/Nana

Susan said...

cute...Jack LOVED "Mo" too, as he called him. He had his 2 yr old pics taken holding his mo, I couldn't get him to ever put him down. we had a 2nd and 3rd bday party with elmo in it. Sweet...

Susan said...

like the new backdrop. I found that last one, that I copied from you, was hard to read on that linen. I changed mine the other day as well.

Cute pics on the side

Kathy said...

I remember those cupcakes...they were precious. It would be a shame not to have a reason to make them again. You're so good in the kitchen. Mine would have probably looked like sunburnt, questionable characters...