Friday, December 05, 2008

Much Thanksgiving--








This was a Thanksgiving that was filled with mixed emotion. There is so much to be thankful for: healthy and beautiful children, a supportive and caring husband, good friends, a nice home, food on our plates, a job for John, extended family that loves us, etc. In the midst of all those blessings--there is much that is frustrating and difficult. I am sad and overwhelmed with being a single parent at the moment, I miss John terribly and am less than thrilled that the job he has found is in another country. This year was the first year that I did not spend Thanksgiving with my family (of course Ava and Karsten were here). My dear friends, Jason and Kathy drove up from FL with their little boy Caden and two other friends, Kristy and Desmond from Charlotte drove down-- it was a full house and I was so grateful for the company. It turned out to be a great weekend. The kids got along smashingly, friends re-connected and were able to find openness and honesty with one another. I am so thankful for the time I had with everyone and will be even more so in a week, when my husband is home and I have help again on a daily basis. Life is no fun going it alone--thank God for friends and family. I am blessed.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

We had an amazing time. So thankful for you.