Monday, September 08, 2008

Elmo Birthday Bash

Ava's party was a big hit yesterday. We had a great afternoon with lots of friends and Elmo, too! When he first showed up at the front door, I think Ava was a little hesitant. But she warmed up quickly and could not get enough of this Furry Friend. The same did not hold true for some of the other children at the party, there were a handful that wanted nothing to do with it. My hope is that few left here too traumatized. Ava received many nice presents and is so excited for some of her new toys. Lots of creative play, craftsy stuff, and Play dough galore. She was in need of that "next level" of things to play with, we have quite a bit that is probably more appropriate for Karsten, than it is for her these days. She was sorry to see Elmo go and woke up first thing this morning asking if he was coming? Her next request was for ice cream and cake for breakfast. Unfortunately, I had to tell her "no" to all three...the fun is over. :)












4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun birthday party! The cupcakes looked great, and I'm sure Ava was so excited to have Elmo come to her birthday party! Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you. Karsten looked like he was having a good time too!
Happy 2 year old birthday, Ava! You are getting to be such a big girl!

Lots of love & hugs,
Nana & GamGam

Anonymous said...

When I saw the picture of Ava and her new shopping cart, I had one thought...I hope she doesn't get the idea to try to put Karsten in the play shopping cart! Has she tried to pick him up yet? We hope not...but for the sake of safety, I wouldn't let either one out of my sight anymore.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

When I saw the picture of Ava and her new shopping cart, I had one thought...I hope she doesn't get the idea to try to put Karsten in the play shopping cart! Has she tried to pick him up yet? We hope not...but for the sake of safety, I wouldn't let either one out of my sight anymore.

Love,
Mom

Kathy said...

Elmo, you look so much taller and thinner than I ever remember you being. You should join the NBA.
The party looked adorable. I love the 'place the nose on elmo' game and the cupcakes were too cute.
Is the tutu a Claire original? I love it!
Happy Birthday Ava and good job Mama on putting together such an awesome party!