This afternoon Ava helped make homemade pasta. She has become a regular in the kitchen these days- I really believe we have a future culinary whiz in the making. At one and a half she shows incredible interest in anything to do with cooking or baking. She is very patient-sitting on the counter and helping in any way she can. Her latest connection happens any time I turn on the mixer. She comes running and asking "cookie?" Today, there were no cookies to make, but she was just as happy to help make "noodleloodleloos". That's how Ava says noodles, in this case- it was technically pasta.
2 comments:
Wow! I admire your patience...especially when you are having guests for dinner, and you decide to make homemade pasta, with Ava's help! I'm sure she will have wonderful memories of helping you in the kitchen, and you are probably cultivating an interest in cooking and baking at an early age. Maybe she will grow up to be like Rachel Ray! (Not if Pappa can help it!)
Love & hugs,
Mom/Nana
Look at you guys, making your own pasta! That's hardcore. You look fantastic by the way!
Post a Comment