Saturday, June 09, 2012

Handwritten Correspondence

Christmas cards ready to send

Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year--for a multitude of reasons, but especially for what arrives by mail.  I adore handwritten correspondence.  In the rush of life, getting "real" mail is something that happens far too infrequently.  My mom is one of the few people that still sends cards with regularity, you can count on a post card every time she goes on a trip, and although our family teases her and laughs at the Hallmark sized card collection she has at home...I love that she is a letter writer.  She instilled that in me and sending and receiving Christmas cards continues to be one of my favorite traditions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice compliment! I always enjoy writing, and glad to hear you are carrying on that tradition. Written correspondence will always be more personal than emails, in my opinion. And I love sending Christmas cards too.

Love,
Mpm/Nana