Saturday, June 09, 2012

The Birthday Cake

Karsten wanted a Lazy Town party this year-- this is a show that is made in Iceland and there really isn't Lazy Town themed stuff (or gifts for that matter) to be had in the US.  Sticking with the super hero theme, Sportacus, the main character seen here, is a healthy, athletic guy that always saves the day.  Karsten's new found interest in gymnastics is primarily a result of his fascination with Sportacus. I love making the kids' cake each year--and their expression is priceless when they first see what I have created.  It certainly takes a lot more time than ordering a cake, but I enjoy it--it gives me my artistic fix and I think it makes their birthday special.  I hope they will look back on these years and be grateful for the time spent on their special cakes.



Karsten really wanted a Sportacus costume, but I had to order it on-line and was back ordered, so he came up with this getup on his own, re-purposing his Halloween costume.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another cake masterpiece! Your creativity is fantastic! I'm impressed also with Karsten's costume creativity :). You set the bar high when it comes to birthday cakes!

Love,
Mom/Nana

Susan said...

Your cakes blow my mind. You could start a business for real making cakes. Beautiful