Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Eve





This year was a quiet Christmas at our house. we missed being with or having family here, but it was also nice to have a slow and peaceful few days with just the four of us. Christmas Eve we spent on a short Skype chat with John's family in Norway, the line got dropped due to overload of the system. I guess lots of people have tapped into free video calling. We then had an early dinner and headed to church. After a beautiful service there was time for a few gifts. The kids traditionally open pajamas the night before, to wear on Christmas morning. This year I tackled making their jammies. I couldn't find matching boy and girl sets, so I sewed Sock Monkey flannel pants and put an A or K respectively on a brown long sleeve t-shirt. It's hard to see them in the pictures, but I think they turned out cute, if I do say so myself. The children also got to open a couple toys that night. Ava was thrilled to get an animal doctor set. And Karsten was beyond himself over the Barney stuffed animal. (As you will see in every picture here after. It has become a constant by his side.) The two little ones were sound asleep by 8:30 and John and I began the prep for Santa's arrival.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful pictures! Ava & Karsten look adorable in their fancy Christmas outfits! And Karsten is looking so grown up now too. We can tell that Karsten has a new favorite with Barney. Isn't it sweeet how much he loves the different "characters"?

Love & hugs to all,
Mom/Nana