Sunday, October 11, 2009

Nothing is Safe Anymore

It seems I cannot keep anything in a place that is out of reach for my tricky twosome. Ava and Karsten seem to conspire these days and figure out ways to work together to get whatever it is they are wanting or needing. Often it is things that do not belong to them. I can't seem to keep things far enough out of reach, no matter how high I place them or if I put it in some sort of cabinet that has been supposedly child proofed, they manage to get to them. The most recent thing that was taken from my office and mysteriously disappeared was the cable to connect my camera to the computer to download pictures. I had a ton of new pictures just waiting to be filed away and then turned into blogs, but alas-- I had no way to do it. This morning, Ava comes to me with the missing cord and says, "Here Mamma, this is yours." To which I say, " Wow, thank you Ava. Where was that cord? Did you take it?" With a straight face, she tells me- " No, I think Karsten did it, he put it in my closet." Not likely, but I am glad to have it back. We are working on telling the truth and not blaming our little brother.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

My camera cord is missing too...can you check Ava's closet?

Anonymous said...

Poor Karsten getting blamed, and he can't defend himself! Ava is very smart. No matter how careful you think you are, kids always manage to get into things which you don't expect.

Anonymous said...

Just reminded me of how Grandma always said that Larry & Ken (who were 16 months apart in age)would get into mischief. She said Larry was the "brains" who convinced little brother Ken to do something they weren't supposed to! (nothing new...)