Ava has been so funny lately, she picks up on everything I say and then often uses it on me later. There are so many expressions and things she does lately that I know I will inevitably forget, so I wanted to record a few of her 'sayings'.
- Whenever I offer up a suggestion, whether it is breakfast or something more exciting, she tells me "Hey, that's a great idea!"
- Lately she keeps referring to me as Sweetie Pie and her brother as Sissy. I call her sissy when talking to Karsten, ie) Let's go find our sissy. I guess she assumes it goes both ways. I tell her that he is a brother and she is a sissy, but that is quickly forgotten. One of these days Karsten will be bigger than her and potentially tackle her for calling him that!
- This may be too much information, but I think it is adorable when she stands in the bathroom and encourages me, "Just relax, Mamma-your pee pee is coming." And afterward, she typically jumps up and down, shouting "You did it! I am so proud of you." Little goes by in this house without major recognition and much cheering.
- She is very interested in everyone's names, she knows Mamma's Julie, Farmor's Esther, Farfar's John, Pappa's John-- the other day she said, "and Karsten's John!"
- This morning we were driving in the car and she kept opening and closing her eyes, when I asked her if something was wrong she said, "Nope-I am just giving you flutterfly kisses!" ahh.
The list could go on and on, see sitting here I have already forgotten things she has said in the past week-- it goes too quickly, and unless I continuously run a video camera I guess there are things that will just come and go. I love this time--she is so precious.
1 comment:
Ava is so smart, and obviously very entertaining with her witty comments! Apparently she must think that all the male family members are named John. She certainly is verbally advanced.
Love & hugs,
Mom/Nana
Post a Comment