It is a rare sight to have snow in Atlanta, but today it has come. We are all terribly excited about it--I think you forget how much you love a good snowfall until you see it again. Coming from CO and Norway John and I have both seen our fair share of snow, we often have said we don't miss winter. But truth be told, on a day like today when I can be inside with a fire, a cup of cocoa, and my sweet kiddos, I LOVE watching those big flakes fall outside. Ava viewed a lot of different movies and shows around the holidays that had lots of snow in them and has often asked to make a snowman or angel, unfortunately she still won't experience that today, it's not really sticking anywhere. But she was thrilled to come out of church this morning and just stand there with her face pointed upward, trying to catch a snowflake on her tongue. As everyone else was rushing to get to their cars and out of what was more sleet than snow, I cherished watching her with that awe and wonder of a child and snow.
2 comments:
I saw this on the news and thought of YOU! Snow is so much fun, thanks for your post it was a good reminder to me of that. How much kids LOVE snow. We kind of take that for granted in Iowa. :)
Snow is definitely a novelty for Ava, and she must have been so excited. You captured great pictures of her reactions. I guess there wasn't really enough snow to play in, but the pictures are precious.
Love,
Mom/Nana
Post a Comment