Thursday, December 20, 2007

On Santa's Lap

I took Ava to see Santa today, I wasn't sure how she would do. We didn't even try last Christmas and this year I was a little worried she would be scared. She did great! Although we didn't get much of a smile out of her- there were also no tears. The whole Santa experience unfortunately is a scam...as you enter the line, there is a big sign that says no personal cameras without purchase. I brought my camera and the pictures I took turned out much better than their's...but because of the rules, I handed over $22 for a sheet of four pictures and was merrily on my way. Oh well, I don't want to be a bah-humbug, I guess this is one of those traditions you do for your kids.

Waiting in line-excited to meet this guy who says ho, ho, ho.

"Is there anything special you would like, Ava?"

"I am kind of liking that big, gold belt you have on."

"But I'm pretty easy-& will be happy with whatever you leave for me."

1 comment:

Kathy said...

That last one is precious! Good job Ava, not being afraid of the big man in red.