This may be one of the longer periods that has elapsed between blog entries, I have no idea where the time has gone since the 4th of July. Summer is quickly slipping away, not that this means a whole lot in our world. Friends of mine that have children in school or are teachers themselves are counting the days until school resumes (whether that is a good or bad thing.) I joke, that every day is summer in our house. Our routine doesn't change that much from day to day and month to month. But that may not be the case in the near future--
I am hoping that in a matter of weeks I will know whether or not I will be relishing vacation days and time off with my children in a whole new way. I recently applied for a full time job as a Product Developer for Child Craft, which is under the School Specialty publishing umbrella. I would be creating new curriculum and materials for PreK-Grade 3. I have a face to face interview on August 11th and am feeling fairly confident going into it. After having phone interviews with HR and the Director of PD, I think they have been impressed with my background and receptive to the things I have said. We'll see what they think once I meet them in person. For me, I feel like this is a perfect fit. The job is a culmination of nearly everything I have done up to now. It is 15 mins. from our front door to their offices, which is nearly unheard of in Atlanta. They are potentially open to me working a few days from home, and I think that our kids are ready for a few days of school and friends and change of scene. Ask me again the day I drop off Karsten for the first time-- that part breaks my heart. I suppose whether it is at age 1 1/2 or age 5, it will always be difficult. Ava, I know thrives in the preschool environment, she loves school days. My boy, on the other hand is a little "attached" and could probably stand to get used to other people in his life. We will see what the future holds. I am trying not to get ahead of myself, but the reality is I am excited and feeling ready for something in addition to being a mom. Adult interaction, using my head, and creating something cool sounds just about right--plus I have a built in test lab at home consisting of two pre-K aged children, that I can sample any prototypes on.
1 comment:
Sounds like a perfect opportunity for you and your talents and background! Hope it works out for the best for everyone! Yes, it would be an adjustment for Karsten, but he will adapt, and probably would be a good thing to have him with more people. (Remember how I told you that you were the same way until we sent you to preschool -- of course you were 4 years old, not 1 1/2.)
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment