
Our Little Peanut has always been interested in books. We read with her constantly and this interest in the written word is one of my favorite traits of hers. I hope that she will always be enthusiastic about literature and strive to learn new things. In the past few weeks, since turning 16 months, she is equally (if not more) interested in what John and I are reading. She has moved beyond those simple, children's board books and now walks around continuously with a fairly hefty chapter book in hand. No color, no pictures, just lots and lots of pages to flip through. Yesterday, it was the 'Nursing Mother's Companion.' Today she found a novel by Jennifer
Weiner, 'The Guy Not Taken.' I question the developmental appropriateness of this text. Perhaps these are signs of a gifted future-or an interest in fictional romance.
2 comments:
Of course we all know that Ava is a very bright child :). When she starts reading to both of you, I will be even more impressed! Since you mentioned the movie "Parenthood", do you remember the movie "Three Men & A Baby", and the scene where Tom Selleck is reading Sports Illustrated to the baby, and he claims, "It doesn't matter what you are reading, all they are interested in is the tone of your voice." Why don't you let Ava carry around some cookbooks, and maybe she will want to help fix meals at an early age?
cute shirt!
Post a Comment