Friday, September 07, 2007

The 7th of September

Today is a BIG day, our little girl turns one! It is hard to believe that the time has passed this quickly. John and I talked last night at dinner- this time a year ago we were driving to the hospital with great anticipation for the arrival of Ava. We had no idea what she would be like, who she would look like, what kind of personality she would have. Our greatest hope was that she would be healthy. And she was- and continues to be. We are blessed to have this child in our lives. She brings us more happiness than we ever thought imaginable. She is our JOY and we are so thankful to have had this last year. In some ways, it is unbelievable that she is one, in the exact same breath it seems that she has been with us a much longer time. It is hard to even remember life without Ava Elisabeth. Tomorrow we will have friends over for a birthday BBQ- I will post lots of pictures then.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Dear Ava,
Happy Birthday Big Girl!
I remember sitting in a babies-r-us expectant mother's parking space when you're mama told me about you for the first time. It's crazy how time flies!
I don't think either of us could have anticipated how special, beautiful and amazing you would be, but here you are and you're the big 1!
I wish Caden, Jason and I could be there to share this special day with you and you're cool parents, but just know that we love you and send you big e-hugs and kisses on your special day!